On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 18:11:50 +0000
Mark Haney <ma...@abemblem.com> wrote:

> I've got a Template Toolkit template that is driving me insane.  I've
> hit the TT list, but it seems more and more like the problem may be
> more perl related than a templating issue.  I've attached the
> offending files so now let me show what the problem is.
>
> I have two SQL statements that pull factory data from one and shift
> data from another.  My problem is when the data gets passed to the
> template, I get the 'factories' array, but not the 'shifts' array.  I
> did a data dump just after the my $vars declaration of the perl code
> and get this:
>
> markh@ubuhost:~$ cat /tmp/shifts.info
> $VAR1 = \{
>             'shifts' => \[

This may be a culprit - it seems to be a reference to a scalar that is itself
an array reference. Usually just doing:

my %hash =
(
        'shifts' => \@arr,
);

is enough.

>                             [
>                               'First'
>                             ],

And it contains more array references. :-S

Maybe you wish to consult one of the resources at:

http://perl-begin.org/topics/references/

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish