that's a pretty cool module - i especially like their regex with
lookup table trick. however, since i've got a decently lengthy regex
written to do what i want, and because i'm itching to know how to
actually do this at this point (i'd really like to know what's wrong
with the regex i posted as well), i'd sorta like a regex answer vs a
module.