On 13/03/2013 17:11, John SJ Anderson wrote:
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:18 AM, John Sampson <jrs....@ntlworld.com> wrote:
Hello -

I installed Strawberry Prolog on Windows 7 and tried to install AI::Prolog
from the CPAN.
I assume you mean "Strawberry Perl".

As far as I can see from the slew of messages this failed due to lack of
software packages
on which it depends (or depended).
I have three questions:
Has anyone recently successfully installed AI::Prolog?
Based on the CPAN testers information in the sidebar of
https://metacpan.org/module/AI::Prolog, it's been successfully
installed at least 154 times -- because it's passed tests that many
times.

What is the percentage rate of successful installations from CPAN to
unsuccessful ones?
Looks like 100% successful -- there are no test failurse.

Is CPAN a going concern?
Yes, very much so.

Now, to return to your problem, what did you actually do, and what
error message(s) did you get?

thanks,
john.

Many thanks. I did mean Strawberry Perl rather than Strawberry Prolog, which exists but has no connection with Perl.
My apologies.

Something has come up which means I will have to shelve these efforts for a few weeks, but it is good to know from live people that I am looking at a going concern. Thank you for the pointer to the testers' information.

Regards

John Sampson