Angela Barone:

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:42:56AM -0700, Angela Barone wrote:
> I tried that, but it didn't work.  It turns out that when I
> used OS X's Terminal, everything installed smoothly.  But if I
> tried iTerm, then I got the "-bash: perlbrew: command not
> found" error.  This makes no sense to me.  I thought both
> should operate identically, but apparently not.
>
> If anyone knows how to get perlbrew to work in iTerm, I'd
> appreciate hearing from you.

I am not familiar with iTerm, but Google reveals that it is an
open source terminal emulator for OS X. So what probably matters
here is the shell that it is running (I would assume it would be
the same shell as your other terminal emulator program, but
perhaps not..). Is it possible that it's not running bash, and
therefore your .bash_profile is not being sourced, and therefore
the Perlbrew environment is not being set up?

What if you try sourcing the perlbrew bashrc yourself directly
from iTerm:

source ~/perl5/perlbrew/etc/bashrc

Does that execute without errors? Does perlbrew work then?

As an aside, I have found that recent versions of bash (in
GNU/Linux) seem to cache the PATH and not notice changes to it
right away (albeit, you said you were upgrading Perlbrew so I
don't think it would have changed much, but I digress). You can
clear that cache with `hash -r' from the affected shell. You can
also just start a new shell. I doubt this is applicable to your
situation, but you never know... :)

Regards,

--
Brandon McCaig <bamcc...@gmail.com> <bamcc...@castopulence.org>