Matt wrote:
I have this:

while (<IN>) {
     chomp;
     next if /^#/;
     # do stuff
     }

It skips to the next item in the while loop of the string begins with
# and works fine.  I would also like to skip to the next item in the
loop if the string contains anything other then lowercase,
underscores, numbers, dashes, periods, and spaces.  I do not want
uppercase characters and any sort of other special characters.  How
would I do that?

    next if /[^[:lower:]_\d\-. ]/;

John
direction.                   -- Albert Einstein