On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 10:54:12AM -0400, Shawn H Corey wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 16:06:56 +0530
> Mayuresh Kathe <mayur...@kathe.in> wrote:
>
> > i've been searching for books on learning and mastering perl and found
> > the series by o'reilly to be quite well recommended.
>
> Another O'Reilly book is "Perl Best Practice" by Damian Conway. Much of
> this book has been incorporated into Perl::Tidy and Perl::Critic.
>
> BTW, you should perltidy (downloaded with Perl::Tidy) and perlcritic
> (downloaded with Perl::Critic) on all your code.

Shawn, thanks for that Perl::Tidy tip, it's *very* impressive.

I wrote a small-ish Perl script with no indentation (since my Vim wasn't
configured), and then after running Perl::Tidy over it, the output was;

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use warnings;

my $exponent = $ARGV[0];
my $number   = 2;
my $result   = $number;

if ( not defined $exponent ) {
    die "Usage: $0 <exponent>\n";
}
else {
    for ( my $count = 1 ; $count < $exponent ; $count++ ) {
        $result = $result * $number;
    }
    print "$result\n";
}

exit(0);

The entire code snippet is so beautifully layed out, cool.

Thanks again. :)

~Mayuresh