Hi List,

On Friday, January 03, 2014 10:57:13 AM kurtz le pirate wrote:

> have you try this kind of command :
>   perl -p -i -e "s/oneThing/otherThing/g" yourFile

I was about to post the same thing. My suggestion: Create a backup file just
in case something goes wrong.

perl -pi.bak -e "s/oneThing/otherThing/g" yourFile

This creates a backup named "yourFile.bak" prior to processing yourFile.

> hang or not ?
I have processed files > 2G this way, no problems encountered.

Regards,
Jan
--
When a woman marries again it is because she detested her first husband.
When a man marries again, it is because he adored his first wife. -- Oscar