Hi,

Thanks for all your guidance, The Error was "Perl Command Line Intepretar has
encountered a problem and needs to close,

 Also increased the virtual memory, No use, My system configuration OS XP SP3
Intel Core 2 duo with 2 GB Ram.

regards
Manikandan N

On Friday, 3 January 2014 9:06 PM, Janek Schleicher <janek_schleic...@yahoo.de>
wrote:

Am 02.01.2014 18:08, schrieb David Precious:

> Oh, I was thinking of a wrapper that would:
>
> (a) open a new temp file
> (b) iterate over the source file, line-by-line, calling the provided
> coderef for each line
> (c) write $_ (potentially modified by the coderef) to the temp file
> (d) finally, rename the temp file over the source file
>
> Of course, it's pretty easy to write such code yourself, and as it
> doesn't slurp the file in, it could be considered out of place in
> File::Slurp.  I'd be fairly surprised if such a thing doesn't already
> exist on CPAN, too.  (If it didn't, I might actually write such a
> thing, as a beginner-friendly "here's how to easily modify a file, line
> by line, with minimal effort" offering.)

A short look to CPAN brings out https://metacpan.org/pod/File::Inplace
what looks to do what OP wants.

Honestly I never used, and it can be that it has also a performance
problem, but for at least I looked to it's source code and it implements
it via a temporary file without saving the whole file.

Greetings,
Janek