On 07/23/2014 07:53 AM, Chris wrote:
On Thu, 2014-07-24 at 00:28 +1200, Kent Fredric wrote:

On 22 July 2014 06:05, Chris <cpoll...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
         I'm not a programmer so I apologize if I'm on the wrong list
         but I'm
         looking for some assistance in installing File::Scan::ClamAV.
         I've tried
         multiple ways, CPAN and from source, to install this and I
         constantly
         get the errors shown here http://pastebin.com/drEmcSc5 I need
         to get
         this installed so I can interface SpamAssassin with ClamAV.
         Any help or
         advice would be appreciated. This is being installed on a
         Ubuntu 14.04
         LTS box.

Here, your problem i that the modules fail testing, and that
subsequently don't install due to failing testing.

The reason for it is probable either:

a) Your system ClamAV is no longer compatible with the ClamAV module
b) The ClamAV module is no longer compatible with some dependency

c) The ClamAV module is no longer compatible with perl

Unfortunately, all of these mean the solution to your problem will be
specific to the module, not a general problem with Perl Module
installation.

1. The ClamAV module hasn't seen maintenance since 2009.

2. However, the good news is there are some passes on recent perls
( http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=File-Scan-ClamAV+1.91 ),
indicating its more likely to be a ClamAV/Dependency issue.

3. There are however, 7 open bugs
https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=File-Scan-ClamAV

4. This bug suggests indeed, that the ClamAV API has been changed, and
the module has not been updated to adjust

5. .... which suggests you may want to try installing an older version
of ClamAV such as ClamAV-0.93  and see if that helps

--
Kent

changes to be made in the 't' folder to the tests and to the 'mkconf.pl'
file there. After that it installed flawlessly.

Thank you for your reply
Chris

Can you post those changes or a link to the mailing list? It might be wise for someone to update the module....

--Sam