On Wed, 2014-07-23 at 09:06 -0500, Sam wrote:
> On 07/23/2014 07:53 AM, Chris wrote:
> > On Thu, 2014-07-24 at 00:28 +1200, Kent Fredric wrote:
> >>
> >> On 22 July 2014 06:05, Chris <cpoll...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
> >>          I'm not a programmer so I apologize if I'm on the wrong list
> >>          but I'm
> >>          looking for some assistance in installing File::Scan::ClamAV.
> >>          I've tried
> >>          multiple ways, CPAN and from source, to install this and I
> >>          constantly
> >>          get the errors shown here http://pastebin.com/drEmcSc5 I need
> >>          to get
> >>          this installed so I can interface SpamAssassin with ClamAV.
> >>          Any help or
> >>          advice would be appreciated. This is being installed on a
> >>          Ubuntu 14.04
> >>          LTS box.
> >>

> >> Here, your problem i that the modules fail testing, and that
> >> subsequently don't install due to failing testing.
> >>

> >> The reason for it is probable either:
> >>

> >> a) Your system ClamAV is no longer compatible with the ClamAV module
> >> b) The ClamAV module is no longer compatible with some dependency
> >>
> >> c) The ClamAV module is no longer compatible with perl
> >>

> >> Unfortunately, all of these mean the solution to your problem will be
> >> specific to the module, not a general problem with Perl Module
> >> installation.
> >>

> >> 1. The ClamAV module hasn't seen maintenance since 2009.
> >>
> >> 2. However, the good news is there are some passes on recent perls
> >> ( http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=File-Scan-ClamAV+1.91 ),
> >> indicating its more likely to be a ClamAV/Dependency issue.
> >>
> >> 3. There are however, 7 open bugs
> >> https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=File-Scan-ClamAV
> >>
> >> 4. This bug suggests indeed, that the ClamAV API has been changed, and
> >> the module has not been updated to adjust
> >> https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=54205
> >>
> >> 5. .... which suggests you may want to try installing an older version
> >> of ClamAV such as ClamAV-0.93  and see if that helps
> >>

> >> --
> >> Kent
> >>

> >> KENTNL - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL

> > changes to be made in the 't' folder to the tests and to the 'mkconf.pl'
> > file there. After that it installed flawlessly.
> >
> > Thank you for your reply
> > Chris
> >

> Can you post those changes or a link to the mailing list? It might be
> wise for someone to update the module....
>

> --Sam

Sure, I'll post the files in /build/t that I changed to pastebin. I'm
still not confident that it's working though as I see this in my syslog:

Jul 23 09:02:13 localhost clamd[11467]: ScanStream(127.0.0.1@1221):
Can't create temporary file.

In reading the manpage for clamd I notice that 'ScanStream has been
depreciated and has been replaced with 'InStream'. Looking at
'ClamAV.pm' I'm wondering if I need to make changes to it?
http://pastebin.com/WgTT2wSA

Should I go ahead and post the other changes that were made or wait to
make sure it's running correctly?

--
Chris
31.11°N 97.89°W (Elev. 1092 ft)