On Sun, Feb 01, 2015 at 09:56:39AM -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Robert Wohlfarth <rbwohlfa...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have about 100 lines or so inside a File::Find:

You will likely help yourself out a lot with not only this problem but
others that you don't yet know about if you:

1. Split those 100 lines out into a separate subroutine.
2. Break that 100 line subroutine into at least four or five smaller
   subroutines.

> >>   find (
> >>      sub {
> >>      }, $tdir;
> >>    );
> >
> > Why the semi-colon after $tdir? Seeing the parenthesis, I would guess that
> > $tdir is a parameter to a function call. It should not have a semi-colon
> > after it.
>
> I did notice that before posting, and try removing it, but received
> exactly the same error.  So something is still going on somewhere
> else.

That may well be, but the semi-colon is an error, and the only one we
can see in the code you have posted.

$ perl -ce 'find ( sub {}, $tdir; )'
syntax error at -e line 1, near "$tdir;"
-e had compilation errors
$ perl -ce 'find ( sub {}, $tdir )'
-e syntax OK

--