Brock Wilcox <awwa...@thelackthereof.org> writes:

> Greetings!
>
> Could you give an example of these warnings, and even better some minimal
> code that generates them?

Something like this gives you warnings in apaches error.log:

#!/usr/bin/perl
#
use strict;
use warnings;
use autodie;

use CGI;                        # qw(:standard);
[...]

The warning says that CGI will be removed from perl and that I should
install it from cpan.  I don't want to install things from cpan but the
package management of the distribution to take care of things because I
don't want to do the package management by myself.

For smartmatch:

perl -e 'print "foo" ~~ "bar";'
Smartmatch is experimental at -e line 1.

You get that for every line you're using smartmatch in.

Smartmatch works quite well; it's a really cool feature.  I already know
that it's experimental.  I don't need to be reminded of this 10 times
per minute in the log file while I'm trying to find a relevant message
amongst thousands of these useless warnings.