Nathan Hilterbrand <noset...@cotse.net> writes:

> On 02/13/2016 07:33 AM, lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a way to disable the annoying warnings about carp and cgi which
>> cgi programs write to the web-server's log file in a general way rather
>> than per program?  Same goes for smartmatch warnings.
>>
>> The log file is overloaded with these useless messages, which makes it
>> difficult to find actual errors/warnings.
>>

> I am not 100% sure what you want to accomplish, but this *might* be
> helpful, or at least be a good place to start looking if you are using
> Apache 2:

I'm trying to turn off the useless warnings in apaches' error.log from
cgi programs written in perl which keep telling me that cgi will be
removed and that smartmatch is experimental.

You get a really huge log file with totally useless warnings which only
hinder debugging.  I wonder who had the idea to print these, it's
ridiculous.

> https://www.howtoforge.com/setenvif_apache2

I'm not sure if that will help.  Apparently this isn't for suppressing
error messages from cgi programs?

I know you can put something into the perl program to suppress these
messages.  Of course, I don't want to go through all of them for this.
I want to disable these warnings at one place, for all the programs.