Daniel,

I am recreating the systems password, group and shadow
(when applicable) files.

So if the script is run on an sgi system, for example,
the files location is /etc.  If it is run on a linux
machine is /usr/local/system.  If there are new users,
create new directories for them: for sgis on /home,
for dec systems on /usr/home and /usr1/home.  Once all
is done, email the system admins the status.  Things
like that.  I have to do the same stuff on all
systems, but the location, for example changes....

Does this make sense?