On Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:29:00 AM CET Olivier wrote:
> hw <h...@gc-24.de> writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > how can I read data from a web site which is using multiple frames and
> > some
> > javascript?
>
> Provided that the web site does not change too often and that they don't
> implement stupid "security" features, this should not be too complicate.
>
> Each frame is a web page, with it own URL. So you can examine the source
> code of the web page to find the URL of the first frame and second frame
>
> Them you can use any Perl library you like to load that URLand pars it
> for what you are looking for.
>
> Then use that data to load the second frame with a URL modified to
> include the type of data you have selected.
>
> Being frames makes it much easier, you hould not have to care about the
> javascript too much.

The web site seems to be created by a program running on the server, i. e.
there is not really a web site.  When I access it with lynx or with
WWW::Mechanize, the answer from the server says that neither frames, nor
javascript is supported, and it is not possible to log in.

Can WWW::Mechanize somehow trick the server into assuming that frames and
javascript are supported by the client?