hw <h...@gc-24.de> wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:29:00 AM CET Olivier wrote:
> > hw <h...@gc-24.de> writes:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > how can I read data from a web site which is using multiple frames and
> > > some
> > > javascript?
> >
> > Provided that the web site does not change too often and that they don't
> > implement stupid "security" features, this should not be too complicate.
> >
> > Each frame is a web page, with it own URL. So you can examine the source
> > code of the web page to find the URL of the first frame and second frame
> >
> > Them you can use any Perl library you like to load that URLand pars it
> > for what you are looking for.
> >
> > Then use that data to load the second frame with a URL modified to
> > include the type of data you have selected.
> >
> > Being frames makes it much easier, you hould not have to care about the
> > javascript too much.
>
> The web site seems to be created by a program running on the server, i. e.
> there is not really a web site.  When I access it with lynx or with
> WWW::Mechanize, the answer from the server says that neither frames, nor
> javascript is supported, and it is not possible to log in.

Of course lynx cannot process frames. But that is not what I meant to
tell you.

Open the web page with your browser, FireFox, Chromium, whatever, the
CTRL-U to display the source. In that source, you should see some tages
<frame ir maybe <iframe which contains an URL.

Copy that URL and try to paste it in a separate window of your web browser.
You should see the list of the topic you can select from. In fact it
should display the contents of the 1st frame.

If it does not, you are in a not too good shape.

If it works, go back to the source code and locate the second <frame
tag, find the URL, copy, new window, paste.

The concept is to access to the contens of the frames directly, without
accessing the main page.

Best regards,

Olivier