From: Peter Scott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, 17 December 2001 2:28 PM
To: Daniel Falkenberg; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Format of array in HTML text box gone weird...

At 02:23 PM 12/17/01 +1030, Daniel Falkenberg wrote:
>Just working on some HTML stuff at the moment and I have a come across
>little problem that I don't really understand....
>
>Basically I place the following ararry (really only text) into a
>scrolling text box but when the text array is seen through the text box
>it looks like the following...
>
>Normal text file..
>
>Hello world
>
>How are you?
>
>Dan
>
>This is how it looks in the scrolling text box...
>
>Hello World
>
>   How are you?
>
>   Dan
>
>Why is there all those spaces infrom on the How are you and Dan
line....

If you don't provide the code you use to do it you force us to use
clairvoyance to try and tell what you might be doing wrong.

I am going to guess that you have done something like

         print "@lines"

which will result in a space being put between each element of the
array...
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies