The details for command line arguments via CGI can be found at:

   http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/cl.html

Your request should populate @ARGV if it's in the form:

   http://server/cgi-bin/script.pl?arg1+arg2+arg3

But this is somewhat deprecated in favor the form encoding scheme
discussed by the other responses you've received.