Question strikes me as a great idea Jeff.

Well I'm still afflicted by the awful leperous backtick habit so this might not
be right but it was fast, and the result sure looks like a duck.

Cheers,

/g

#!perl.exe -w

# Collect perldoc results into a single file.
# Keys in on '^=' to determine if documentation is available.
# Result available at http://www.eskimo.com/~ghawk/perldocs.txt
# This was on Windows.  Obviously, adjust per system.

@files = `dir /s /b D:\\PERL\\*`;

chomp @files;

foreach $file (@files) {
        $fileoriginal = $file;
        $file =~ s#\\#\\\\#g;
        next if -d $file;
        open (FILE,"< $file"); @filecontent = <FILE>; close FILE;
        next if ! grep /^=/, @filecontent;
        $file =~ s#.*\\##;
        $file =~ s#\..*##;
        $doccontent = `perldoc $file`;
        if ($doccontent) {
                print "$fileoriginal\n";
                push @content, "
$fileoriginal
$doccontent\n\n\n";

#print @content;

open (CONTENT, "> perldocs.txt"); print CONTENT @content; close CONTENT;

# Convert to printer-friendly version in Word with:
#    Ctrl-h
#    Find what:  ^p^p^p^p
#    Replace with:  ^p^m
# ^m is a manual page break