Feel like I'm back in comp-sci, but this time, they'll actually let me use a
real language (don't get me started on "Turing" ;)).

I wrote this simple script that should work with 5.003...

Jason

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

# call this with 2 params, such as
# > diff.pl [file1] [file2]

use strict;

my ( @filea, @fileb, @inAButNotInB, @inBButNotInA );

open ( FILEA, shift ) || die "Cannot open 1st file: $!\n";
@filea = <FILEA>;
close ( FILEA );

open ( FILEB, shift ) || die "Cannot open 2nd file: $!\n";
@fileb = <FILEB>;
close ( FILEB );

foreach my $object ( @filea ) {
        chomp $object;
        push @inAButNotInB, $object if ( !grep(/$object/, @fileb) );
}

print "In A, but not in B: " . join(", ", @inAButNotInB) . "\n";

foreach my $object ( @fileb ) {
        chomp $object;
        push @inBButNotInA, $object if ( !grep(/$object/, @filea) );
}

print "In B, but not in A: " . join(", ", @inBButNotInA) . "\n";
__END__

If memory serves me right, on Tuesday 29 January 2002 12:26,