*chuckle* - this should open a can of worms... be sure to check out the
technical explanation:

perldoc strict

I believe there's also a thread on Perlmonks if you search on 'use strict and
warnings' (for some reason, Perlmonks times out on me, so I can't provide the
exact link/search term).

The bottom line is that 'use strict' and putting '-w' in your shebang line
will ensure a higher quality for your Perl program and eliminate trivial (and
possibly some moderate [= vs. ==]) bugs/problems without bugging (heh - pun
intended) this list or co-workers.

Jason

If memory serves me right, on Tuesday 05 February 2002 12:18, Octavian