From:                   Christopher Solomon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Whenever I've had to execute system or shell commands, I use the
> backtick operator, the system command, or filehandle half-pipes (or
> whatever they are called :).  And I've always seen these recommended
> whenever someone asks how to do that.
>
> But recently, I saw the use of the Shell.pm module:
>
> use Shell qw(who);
>
> my @who = who();
>
> and I wondered what the (dis)advantages of using it are, and why no
> one uses it anymore?

I guess there are two reasons.

1) Noone knows about it.

2) With the current version it's not possible to specify a path to the
program to run.

But IMHO if enhanced a bit, this could be the easies way to run an
external command.

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
                                        --- me