On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Jenda Krynicky wrote:

> I did not try. I don't use the shell for any scripts ... just as a place
> to enter commands (and start PSH) at so I did not install any
> "unix" shell. And I have to say ... I'm not a *nix person anyway.
>
> Now the question is ... if it used to wikr with Cygwin before ... did
> not I brake it then? Or does the cygwin perl report something else
> than MSWin32 in $^O ?

The cygwin version of Perl returns cygwin from $^O.  As far as I can tell,
Cygwin's Perl behave exactly the same way as Unix Perl's do (Win32 modules
don't seem to work well under CygWin).

I haven't tried Shell.pm under Cygwin, but I can try stuff out and see how
it behaves, versus the Win2k (ActiveState) version (I have both on the
same machine).

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/