sachin balsekar [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>Hi ppl,
*>
*>I have one HTML file per News story...i got to fetch some data (first
*>few lines) out from a HTML file and display it as an abstract for the
*>said story...
*>
*>The HTML file have the following issues...
*>
*>1. There could be a HTML table at the very beginning..(can i strip out
*>the whole table..i mean <TABLE **** </TABLE> ...but may cause probs in
*>nested tables...(trying regex for the same)...
*>
*>2. I need to pick up first 1/2 lines..( i look for a '.' and pickup
*>data) but fails for acronyms/ numbers.. (Ltd. or 5.8% etc)
*>
*>These two issues solved could get the almost thru with the prob..

http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=HTML-Tree

e.