At 09:23 PM 3/11/02 +0000, Mariusz K wrote:

>Thank you very much for your response. Could you recommend any solution? I
>know the path where the file is sitting and I want to create a script that
>would automatically upload it. (I don't want the user to be bothered with
>entering the path each time.)

Don't know if you can automatically upload the file... sounds like a
security risk.  But you can pre-populate the form element that they click
with something, I would think... try setting the VALUE attribute of the
INPUT field.

>Thank you,
>
>ps. You said: "you want to take this to the beginners cgi list"; isn't
>this the beginner's mailing-list? ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Correct.  But there is another list that focusses on CGI issues like this
one: [EMAIL PROTECTED]