Hi,
After I click on "submit" and point to the cgi there is a period of time before the cgi finishes running and loads the next page. If the script is simple and takes short amount of time everything is great. But what if that's not the case? What if the script (while uploading a file for example) takes a long time? How can I tell the user that the cgi is running and show some type of a progress being made so they don't click twice, or think that something is wrong.
I've seen some sites where they have dots progressing, till the next site loads. Do they simply first load a page with sama simple javasript to have the dots .... adding and then the result page from the script loads? I was thinking about putting a "redirect" but would the new HTML included in the same script load upon finishing the rest of the script. Does perl executes line by line or prepares the results somehow and outputs everything on the exit(); ?

Thank you for any comments,
Mariusz