From:                   Jason Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Sorry I don't understand why this happens. Just a wild guess ...
> > could you try to name your variable something else than $Registry?
>
>   Didn't even dawn on me to try something like that... was following the
> example listed in the docs... That took care of the problem!  Thanks!

Ack ... but when you run the script directly, without compiling it
everything works, right ?

Please send a bug report to ActiveStates via
http://bugs.activestate.com/enter_bug.cgi

'Cause it looks that the $Registry that you declared lexical in your
script leaked into the import() function in Win32::TieRegistry.

I can't replicate this with my version of PerlApp.

> > If you install the Win32::Registry2 patch you'll get more functions,
> > better docs and the "obsolete" remark will go away as well ;-)
>
>   Ok, so does that mean that Win32::Registry2 is the preferred module to use
> when working with the registry?  Win32::TieRegistry seemed to be easier to
> work with than Win32::Registry, but I want to use the preferred method, as I
> don't want to be going back and fixing all my scripts 6 months from now.

No. I guess generaly the Win32::TieRegistry is the prefered way.
Win32::Registry2 is MY prefered way. So use the one that feels
better to you, neither of them is leaving anywhere.

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
                                        --- me