**The following information is primarily just an FYI**

Thanks for the suggestion.  I looked through the bug database before
submitting the bug and didn't find anything, but when I submitted it, they
said it was a duplicate of 11031 (guess I didn't look for the right thing).
Their comments on 11031 state:

"This problem happens because of a bug in Perl itself, where lexical
variables are leaking out of their lexical scope. The following program
demonstrates this bug, where the lexical $foo leaks into the safe_eval() sub
defined above it.

  sub safe_eval { eval shift }
  my $foo = "a";
  BEGIN { safe_eval('BEGIN { $foo = "b" }') }
  warn $::foo;
  warn $foo;

This problem is still present in PerlApp 4.0 with ActivePerl 631."

> I can't replicate this with my version of PerlApp.

hmmm... Does that mean they should have said "This problem happens because
of a bug in ActivePerl itself"...?

Jason

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission
is confidential.  It may also be privileged work product or proprietary
information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because
of this information is strictly prohibited.