On Wednesday 13 March 2002 5:23 pm, Jenda Krynicky wrote:
> From:                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> > I am using Mail::Sender on AIX 4.3.3 and encounter the
> > following error when running a script.
> >
> > Use of uninitialized value
> > at /usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.005/Mail/Sender.pm
> > line 944, <GEN0> chunk 5.
> > Can't use an undefined value as filehandle reference
> > at /usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.005/Mail/Sender.pm
> > line 944, <GEN0> chunk 5.
> >
> > I have used this on other sysystem without any
> > problems.  Does anyone know if there are any issues with
> > Mail::Sender on AIX 4.3.3?
>
> It's not caused by the version of OS, but of perl. Sorry for this.
> Please install the 0.7.13 version uploaded to CPAN and
> http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz today.
>
> Jenda
>
> =========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
> There is a reason for living. There must be. I've seen it somewhere.
> It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
> I can't find it.
>                                       --- me

Hi Jenda,

I've just installed 0.7.13 on one of my RH72 boxes, along with my small perl
script wrapper.  I've used this a about 10 boxes now, but this time I get the
following error. (I've also include my script)

[cms@ollie cms]$ SendMail -t [EMAIL PROTECTED] -s "Daily Lost Calls" -m
lostcalls.txt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
s=Daily Lost Calls
m=lostcalls.txt
mailer failed: connect() failed: Invalid argument

__SendMail__
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use Mail::Sender;
use Getopt::Std;

my $sender=new Mail::Sender {from=>'[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
                             smtp=>'mail.ringways.co.uk',
                             reply=>'[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
                             fake_from=>'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'};
my %opts=();

getopts('t:f:s:m:',\%opts);

print "t=$opts{t}\n" if $opts{t};
print "f=$opts{f}\n" if $opts{f};
print "s=$opts{s}\n" if $opts{s};
print "m=$opts{m}\n" if $opts{m};
die "Recipient not specified" unless $opts{t};
die "Subject not specified" unless $opts{s};
if ( $opts{f} ) {
  die "File not found" unless (  -f $opts{f} );
}
if ( $opts{m} ) {
  die "Message file not found" unless (  -f $opts{m} );
}

my $msg='';
if ( $opts{m}) {
  open(FIN,"$opts{m}") || die "cannot open message file: $!\n";
} else {
  open(FIN,"<&STDIN") || die "cannot open message file: $!\n";
}
while (<FIN>) {
  chomp;
  $msg.="$_\r\n";
}
close(FIN);

if ( $opts{f} ) {
$sender->MailFile({to=>$opts{t},
                  subject=>$opts{s},
                  file=>$opts{f},
                  msg=>$msg}) || die "mailer failed: $Mail::Sender::Error\n
} else {
$sender->MailMsg({to=>$opts{t},
                  subject=>$opts{s},

--