On Thursday, May 23, 2002, at 07:16 , Nikola Janceski wrote:

> Code please? (If I were a mind reader would I be programming?)

but of course you would be - it is your way of dealing
with the emotional crisis of the world.... but
you should have offered our young hero the following
minimal kvetch....

[..]
>> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or
>> string at /usr/local/ActivePerl-
>> 5.6/lib/site_perl/lib/5.6.1/Mail/Sender.pm Line 763,
>> <GENO> line 1.  Server error: 501 Command "helo"
>> requires and argument

well obviously look at where you are calling
Mail::Sender - since you seem to have passed
it something way munged....

specifically you have zoned out something in the
        OpenMultipart() - which is where line 763
        is located.....

{ one really should not be afraid to peek where the
compiler tells you the error occurs.... Even more fun
to actually plonk the code in the old perl debugger and
walk it in on the problem.... }

specifically:
         $_ = send_cmd $s, "helo $self->{'client'}";
        if (/^[45]/) { close $s; return $self->{'error'}=COMMERROR($_); }

You did read the POD that came with it to start with?
and of course you ARE using

        -w                      # to warn you
        use strict; # to make sure your side of reality is kosher.

I don't mean to be to harsh here - but without some Idea
of where in your code you fragged things - it really is
very difficult to do much other than wander

If you really do not need to send multipart messages, have
you thought about a simpler interface like

        Mail::Mailer

cf:
        http://www.wetware.com/drieux/pbl/email/forGeorge.txt

ciao
drieux

---

Time from whining at Nikola through the CPAN search
to download the module to reading the PM and the POD
so as to write this

        6.73 Minutes

Take that you antiquated culturally deprived elements.