On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 14:41, Jonathan E. Paton wrote:
> > I grepped the source code for undef and
> > only got back these lines.
> >
> > app.pm:             $sth = undef;
> > app.pm:     $sth = undef;
> > app.pm:     local($/) = undef;
> > app.pm:     return undef;
> > app.pm:     return undef;
> > app.pm:     return undef;
> > app.pm:             $row = undef;
> > app.pm:     return undef;
>
> Try changing those:
>
>     $sth = undef
>
> to:
>
>     $sth->finish();
>
> Jonathan Paton

<snip href="preldoc DBD::Informix">
Using $sth->finish simply closes the cursor but does not free the cursor
or the statement. That is done when you destroy (undef) the statement
handle:

undef $sth;
</snip>;

The program may run many SQL statements and I do not wish to be holding
any extra resources on the DB Server.

I believe I have found where the trigger condition for the error.  It
has nothing to do with the DBI code, I only get the error when I close
one of the tabs in the notebook.  I must be destroying it incorrectly.

--
Today is Boomtime the 4th day of Discord in the YOLD 3168

Missile Address: 33:48:3.521N  84:23:34.786W