Hello,

I believe that changing $0 is a security breach on some systems. The only
UNIX virus/worm that I have seen, set the argv[0] to a null string and the
process would not show in the "ps" output list. UNIX ps displays the value
of argv[0], and if this string is changed the program can fake being a
different process.

Cheers,
Behdad