From: "John W. Krahn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> "Elizabeth A. Rice" wrote:
> >
> > What I've written so far....
> >
> > @ARGV = ("$logfile");                # prime the diamond operator
>           ^^        ^^
> Useless use of quotation marks and parenthesis.
>
> @ARGV = $logfile;

I agree completely on the "useless use of quotes", but IMHO it's
more readable&understandeable with the parens.

They do not change the meaning, but somehow I feel better
assigning a list instead of a scalar to an array:

        @ARGV = ( $logfile );

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me