Hi All

        I have been reading this Perl 6 thread and it has brought me a laugh
or two as I thought about my career. I have been a programmer for more then
40 years. The first computer I used you programmed by wiring boards with
jumper wires. This was upgraded to one that was programmed one bit at a time
with a light display. I have worked with almost every programming language
ever created. For me the challenge was always to write a program or script
that would convert my old programs to the new language. Many of the programs
(TOOLS) that I wrote years ago I still use today, not because I rewrote
them, I converted them. Each new language brought me something new. A new
feature, a new way of doing something that was easier then the previous.
True, there were some languages which were real bombs, and they didn't last.
But PERL has always been my favorite. It seems when ever I need something
done quickly, I can look at the available PERL Modules, write a couple of
lines of code, and done. I think there is more information about PERL
(Books, Web Sites, Users groups) then any other language. And most of it is
FREE. There are more people in the PERL community willing to help you with a
problem then in any other language.

        I CANT WAIT FOR PERL 6.

        Thank you Larry Wall and the rest of the PERL developers.

Bill Conrad
Senior Complex Information Analyst
Thomas Technology Solutions, Inc.
One Progress Drive