From: "Jonathan E. Paton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >  It loses
> > > scope in subroutines.
> >
> > Wrong.
> >
> > If you declare a variable with my() its scope will be from the
> > declaration to the end of the enclosing block. Which for variables
> > declared outside any {} block or eval"" means ... to the end of the
> > file.
> >

> Wrong.
>
> You forgot about 'package'.

What do you mean:

        #!perl -w
        my $x = 'Ahoj';
        print "$x\n";
        package foo;
        print "$x\n";
        __END__

I believe packages are completely irrelevant to lexical (declared
with my()) variables.

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me