Just doing a call to :

sub get_time {
    ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst) = localtime(time - $diff);
    $mon++;
 }  # end of get_time

        where $diff equals zero.

        If I type date at my ksh ( MKS Korn Shell) I get:

        Sun Apr 21 07:58:25 PDT 2002

        It is the same on both machines, but if I run the perl script on both machines:

w2k:
aapl079.pl:   Load Bible Hash St  : 15:00:09
MyDisp: 0 -> Passed to proc_step1 MySecs:  978350400  MyCurrSecs: 1019401209
110  18  40 437 478
110  19  12 205 217
Read Job 40 and Hebrews 12 for ( 4/21/ 2):
Reading Books of Psalms:
Normal  :  21,  51,  81, 111, 141
Backward: 130, 100,  70,  40,  10
Random  :   1,  78,  85, 101, 110
aapl079.pl:   Load Bible Hash En  : 15:00:09

nt 4.0:
aapl079.pl:   Load Bible Hash St  : 08:00:09
MyDisp: 0 -> Passed to proc_step1 MySecs:  978350400  MyCurrSecs: 1019401209
110  18  40 437 478
110  19  12 205 217
Read Job 40 and Hebrews 12 for ( 4/21/ 2):
Reading Books of Psalms:
Normal  :  21,  51,  81, 111, 141
Backward: 130, 100,  70,  40,  10
Random  :   1,  78,  85, 101, 110
aapl079.pl:   Load Bible Hash En  : 08:00:09

        The actual time is 08:00.

Wags ;)