On Sunday, April 21, 2002, at 07:49 , Jon Howe wrote:

> I should have been more specific or my be I have missed the point again :
> (
> the file is UTF-8 encoded which is fine
> for what I want.
>
> However, I need to get at bullet points within the text. these apear as
> the
> entity â~@¢ in vi.
>
> So I thought if could the hex value It would able to deal with any
> regexification in that form and the go back to text.
>
> Does the solution you surgest still apply?

what you want is something ala the old 'man ascii' but
of the form 'man uft-8' so that you can see the pretty
table for the 'non-ascii' stuff - such as this bullet points?

hence would know how to 'find' the bullet points?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22UTF-8%22+%2B+perl

Much Much is findable about how to do the

        use uft8

ciao
drieux

---