On Tuesday, April 30, 2002, at 03:51  AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> Thats it   Thanks Harry.... understand now..

for completion's sake:
you were asking how to create a variable name programmatically and use it.

$h='0';
$TRY = 'world';
$tryvar = $try.$h;      # we have created a new variable with a name created
from 2 other variables
$$tryvar = 'value of new var';
print $$tryvar;         # and of course,  print $tryvar shows you the name of
that variable