Hey Josef,

My MUA believes you used Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400
to write the following on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 at 3:37:35 PM.
JEG> Thanks for your reply Dave. Now I am getting 'No such file or
JEG> directory' when i am sure that the file exists

JEG> I changed line 1 to:
JEG> $file = "D:/test.txt";

JEG> The problem is that the file is there for sure! Sorry to bother you again!

You could put test.txt in the same folder as your perl code, then
leave out the path info...

Or you could use \\ instead of / I have used both methods though.

If you are not stuck with using d:\test.txt, you could also try $0 -
which is the name of the file you are running...

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
MUA = TB! v1.60h (www.RitLabs.com/The_Bat)