Hi Sir

I have a perl script using system function, like
  system("perl goup  1>basicName.scan  2>basicName.err");

goup is another perl script, what I want to do is executing goup, then print
the results to the file basicName.scan, if it abort abnormally print the
error message to file basicName.err.Would you mind  give a help how to do
this.

I have an example about system call, like
system ("perl goup 1>basicName.err 2>&1 ")
  This is to print error message to file basicName.err, there is no syntax
error, but I am not sure the meaning of 1 and 2>&1.

Thanks in advance

sincere yours

Ning