From: John W. Krahn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 4:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: connection error

Lance Prais wrote:

> I am getting a connection error. I used this same connection string all
> though out my scripts in this application without problems except in this
> case.  Does anyone know why I could be getting this error?
>
> Connection String:
> use DBI;
>
> my $connect_string="DBI:Oracle:$SERVICE";
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You are creating a new variable $connect_string and assigning a value to
it.

> my $dbh = DBI->connect(my $connect_string,my $oracle_user,my
$oracle_password,
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The my() here is redeclaring the variable $connect_string, in other
words it is setting it's value to undef.  The same is happening to
$oracle_user and $oracle_password.

>         { AutoCommit=> 0,  LongTruncOk=> 'TRUE', PrintError => 1,
> ChopBlanks=> 'TRUE',LongTruncOk=> 'TRUE',LongReadLen=> 50000, RaiseError
=>
> 1 }) or die "connecting: $DBI::errstr";
>
> Error Message:
> Can't connect(   HASH(0xf696c)), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN
> env var not set at ./daily_sr.pl line 19

John
--
use Perl;
program