Nikola> I have created a perl script that symbolicly links directory
Nikola> sturctures.  I wish to change the modification timestamp of
Nikola> the link, but I can't find a function that does so.

Nikola> Anyone know of a method in perl to change the timestamp of
Nikola> link so it looks OLDER?

The permissions, ownership, and timestamps on a symbolic link are
never referenced by the Unix Kernel.  Thus, no API is provided to make
changes to the useless values.

*Applications* which look at the non-referenced information should
be deleted, and the programmers who write such bad software should
be hung up, shot, then burned at the stake.  (*cough* Apache *cough*)