On Sunday, May 12, 2002, at 12:41 , Gary Hawkins wrote:

> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/05/08/ws-easy.html
>
> It is supposed to be able to compare two XML files.  Has anyone used it?

no, haven't used it, looks cool.... let us know.

> Can you tell me how to install the module(s)?
>
> /g

there are two basic schools of thumb - I will be defending the
older school - where we download and maintain source code .

my normal starting spot is:

        http://search.cpan.org/

and we find that there is

        http://search.cpan.org/search?mode=module&query=CGI%3A%3AXMLApplication

so we read the README, download and put in our /archive/src/perl/CPAN
section on the primary server - and fan out the compressed tarball
into the

        /src/<OS>/<REV>/<ARC>/CPAN

section play around with the modules on the host we use for doing
the preliminary testing and build of those architectures - before
deciding to distress all the rest of the machines on the net...

rinse lather repeat until you have all the required level of 'depends'
sorted out for all of the stuff listed in the

        use FOO::BAR

At which point we have the compressed tarballs safely stashed off,
and should we add new machines or vary the <OS>/<REV>/<ARCH> - or
merely wish to rebuild from cold chaulks we know what our standard
build up will need to have....

ciao
drieux

---

I consider it unnatural to work on machines where they do not have
a compiler.... { that should have been outlawed under the computer
decency act.... but.... }

Oh yes, it also does help if you resolve if you plan to do the
standard traditional BSD old school tie model of having the next
rev of things out in /usr/unsupported prior to upgrading into /usr/local..

Or were you planning to bed hop with the DEATH STAR and that vile
SYS V model of whacking it out into /opt ....

not that there are any questions still open about what we all mean
with that

        'traditional mainstream family values'

suite of questions between those following God's One True Path
and the Apostate Spawns of Hell in the *nix community.