> I am trying to accomplish the following and have been unable
> to find a good
> routine (or build one) which does an adequate job.
>
> 1.  Paste a big text file into an html text box which contains email
> addresses scattered throughout.

You can use the CGI module for this. I'm not sure of the syntax, but I'm
sure someone else will be able to help you out with that.

> 2.  Upon form submission, perl routine will put that text
> file into an
> array for processing.

Same as above, the CGI module will help you with this.

> 3.  Perl will search the array for email addresses and pull
> out.
> 4.  Perl will verify that the email addresses are in
> valid syntax.
> 5.  Perl save the good emails and bad emails
> into separate variables.
> 6.  Perl will report the number of
> good emails and bad emails found in text
> file.
> 7.  I then want to be able to process the good emails as needed.

<http://search.cpan.org/search?mode=module&query=email>
Check out Email::Valid -- that should be able to do most of what you
need. However, a paste from the Email::Valid documentation:

Please note that there is no way to determine whether an address is
deliverable without attempting delivery (for details, see perlfaq 9 [aka
perldoc -q "valid mail address"])

Good luck,

 -dave