Thanks for all the help!

>> [ot@papc-mag-17 Tk800.023]# make tkperl
>> make: *** No rule to make target `tkperl'.  Stop.
>>
>> Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
>
> oh dear - you are chasing a phantom.....
>
> http://www.lns.cornell.edu/~pvhp/ptk/qna2.html

This link does not really help the matter:
> Lastly, it should be mentioned that if you build your perl/Tk
> statically rather than dynamically it will make a new perl interpreter
> called tkperl (confusing isn't it? :-).
It doesn't tell me how to actually make the tkperl interpreter.

> { although a reasonably old one by computer times.... }
>
> the problem is that there is no target 'tkperl' in
> the make file - hence it will not make the target...
>
> xanana: 76:] make happy
> make: *** No rule to make target `happy'.  Stop.
> xanana: 77:]

Yep - am aware of this. Have had a look at the makefile - and it aint
there!

> so the question is what happens when you do the make test side...

Then it tests the Tk modules - i.e you get 100's of tk windows appearing
and disappearing:

All tests successful.
Files=25, Tests=904, 50 wallclock secs (17.27 cusr +  2.10 csys = 19.37
CPU)

A "make install" then installs the compiled modules to the relevent
directory. BUT - how do you build tkperl?
A.