Heheheh... My company has actually just completed such a project for
generating help docs from the C/C++ comments in our code which accompany our
regular help docs. Hehheh... the funny part is that it took about a year to
develop to conform to the various comments. Our clients can even use it to
generated docs for any extensions they develop, (but that costs more money
to have our API).

Have fun developing it.. I don't know the schematics of how it works since I
didn't work on the project. I just know it take about 4 hours to run on our
entire source tree, parsing thousands of files with perl might sound more
fun than it really is.