See answers of a mid-level (3 years) Perl user below.

Yes, thank goodness, can't imagine work without Perl.

> Do you find yourself spending more of your time with other
>       people who Perl than with normal people?

Yes, and it's lonely at my work place. I am the Perl Guru at work.
They call me FMP, Funk Master Perl.

> Do you notice that you are going without the essentials
>       food, water, shelter, simply so that you can perl?

Not really, I have supplies at my desk at all times:
Bottle of water, snacks, sweater, deodorant.

> Have you ever found yourself waking up in strange places, in
>       clothes you clearly haven't changed in days, with no memory
>       of how you got there, in a littered heap of perl code printouts?

change perl code printouts to perl doc printouts and you got me on the
money.

> People REALLY should think about these things before deciding
> if they really want to even know perl.

If I knew then, what I know now, I would have Perl-ed at Perl v1.0.