Hi,

I have a list of the following format that I want to
parse:-

((sa1 da1 sp1 dp1 p1) (sa2 da2 sp2 dp2 p2) .... (saN daN
spN dpN pN)  )

there are N entries.  There are many such lists and N
varies in each list.  One way to parse this is to use
brute force and use sth like the following for each
tuple (for simplicity let's assume there are only two
elements, x and y, instead of five):-

This will yeild x=$1, y=$2 and remainingTuples=$3.  I
can put this in a loop until all tuples are parsed.

I was wondering if there is a single-shot method of
parsing the whole thing.  Any comments or ideas are
appreciated.

thanks in advance,
manish