As an alternative you could use Text::CSV to split the fields.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Frisvold [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 9:36 AM
To: Beginners@Perl. Org (E-mail)
Subject: DBD::CSV

Is anyone here familiar with DBD::CSV?  I seem to be hitting a limit (I
think) but I'm not sure how to figure it out...  I have a CSV file with
about 114 columns in it (I'm not generating these myself, it's Steel
Belted Radius doing it) and I want to use DBD::CSV to pull the fields I
want and place them into a mySQL database.

I think I'm hitting a max column limit, but I'm not sure because I can't
seem to find it in the docs...   I'm afraid to parse it by hand because
I'm afraid that if I use a simple split(/,/, $_) that I'll wind up
splitting something that shouldn't be split...

Anyone have any clue as to if there is a limit with DBD::CSV here?  Or
am I going to have to spend the time to build the robust parser I need?

Thanks,

Jason H. Frisvold
Senior ATM Engineer
Engineering Dept.