On Monday, June 10, 2002, at 10:35 , bob ackerman wrote:

> my box is behind a D-Link router 704.
> The router gets its ip from my isp using dhcp.
> anyone know how to get that external ip from the router?

I presume that your 'internal network' is an RFC1918 configuration?
All of whom are routing to the LAN side address of your Router???

{ are expecting your ISP to actually be handing you a 'real'
IP address that it is not itself NATing for you???? }

> is any module designed to find your external ip when  you are on a lan?

a part of the problem is getting a good definition of what 'external'
would mean here...

> router is admined from a web page, so i guess it is possible to using LWP
> (or some other module?) to retrieve the info from the web page.

I would recommend that you go at this from the webPage side on your LAN.
Since that would probably be simpler and easier to develop and maintain.

since if they have exposed their API it's reasonably simple - if they
have not, it would be reasonably simple to play around that with your
browser in one place, and your perl code in another window....

ciao
drieux

---